How do you know if the skin on your body is sensitive?
Naturally sensitive skin experiences tingling, tightness and hot flushes from childhood. This constitutional sensitivity is due to a more fragile hydrolipidic film that’s vulnerable to external aggressions. It can also be accompanied by dry skin as the protective barrier of the epidermis is less able to retain moisture in the skin. Moreover, this vulnerability generally concerns thin and fair skin.
Irritating and stripping products such as household detergents, too frequent scrubbing, hard water in the shower and stress can also cause skin discomfort on different parts of the body with sensitive skin.
Please note: if your skin is sensitive to touch and with bright redness or even itching, then your skin may be allergy-prone or prone to atopic eczema. It may also be caused by a reaction to irritants.
Which body care products should you use for sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin on the body requires daily attention through a skincare routine with three steps: showering or bathing, exfoliating and moisturising. All these steps need to be carried out in the gentlest way possible to comfort sensitive skin.
How do you clean sensitive skin?
A few things you can do to take care of your fragile skin in the shower or bath:
- Make sure the temperature of your water is not over 37°C so as not to dry out the skin.
- For the same reason, make sure you do not sit in the water for more than ten minutes.
- Use a gentle, soap-free cleanser such as Body Gentle Shower Gel, or Cold Cream Ultra-Rich Cleansing Bar for dry sensitive skin.
- You can also apply a few sprays of Body Skincare Oil to your moistened skin. Emulsify it so that it becomes a light milky fluid that will nourish and enhance your skin.
- On sensitive areas, you can finish your cleansing routine with a spritz of Thermal Spring Water Spray to remove hard water and chlorine residues from the tap water.
- To limit rubbing the sensitive skin of your body, dry yourself gently by dabbing with a towel.
Finally, for 24-hour odour protection and moisture reduction, apply the Body Deodorant designed for sensitive skin, even when shaved or waxed.
Which body scrub should you use for sensitive skin?
Body exfoliation helps to restore softness and radiance to sensitive skin. Be sure to choose a gentle treatment with fine, soft beads like the Body Gentle Scrub. Its plant-based active ingredients gently exfoliate, moisturise and smooth the skin texture.
The body scrub for sensitive skin provides all its benefits with a maximum of one or two applications per week.
Which body cream should you use for sensitive skin?
Moisturising with body creams and balms is the third step in your daily sensitive skin care routine. These are essential for restoring the skin barrier and preventing dehydration.
If your skin is naturally sensitive and does not suffer from any medical conditions, the Body Moisturising Melt-In Balm will become your best friend for velvety-soft skin. Its creamy, non-sticky texture provides long-lasting, comforting hydration.
For the sensitive and dry skin of the whole family, choose a nourishing and protective skincare product from the Trixera Nutrition range. Finally, if you experience itching sensations, the cream and balm in the XeraCalm A.D. range will soothe your skin with the anti-itching ingredients.